Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WONGIE DISCOVERY: maps & atlases - solid ground



maps & atlases - solid ground
[from facebook:
Dave Davison, Shiraz Dada, Chris Hainey, and Erin Elders met while attending art school in Chicago and formed Maps & Atlases in 2004. The bands unique style melds the technicality of progressive rock and the idiosyncrasies of Art Rock into a fascinating and oddly accessible sound all their own. Known for their virtuosic musical ability, Maps & Atlases write pop songs with a magnificent aptitude for texture and a distinctive blend of both the intricate and organic.
from wongie:
i just like the way they sound!]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pauline Chan turned me on to your blog and I've been here for the past 45 minutes. Really like this track. First I was thinking "Ugh, more pretentious Indie rock" but this is really fresh. Will definitely follow your blog. We HKIS'ers have great taste, if I may so myself!