Friday, September 25, 2009

WONGIE DISCOVERY: krystle warren - my third love / in between days (cure cover) / on that first day of autumn


krystle warren - my third love


krystle warren - in between days (cure cover)


krystle warren - on that first day of autumn

[an old bio: Krystle Warren is a singer/songwriter/poet who stems from the song stylings of the greats who have come before. A glimmer of light as to what's ahead. In short: a vintage clothed prophet with a guitar strapped against her back spreading the word of an age passed tradition that is simply Real. Music.

After buying her first guitar at fifteen, she immersed herself into the song book of Lennon/McCartney, first casting her interest into Rubber Soul, then Revolver, until finding that the sound she made in covers was shaping her own.

Her beginings trail back to Kansas City, Missouri; a city that once upon a time boomed within the freight industry, smoke stacks and the emergence of sixties counter culture. Well hidden but not unknown, the avant-garde artists of the cross roads planted their own time seed, which came into fruition some thirty years later and armed the new reserve with promise.

"I knew a lot of amazing people there," she recounts. "'Quite a few musicians and composers who were really into something new. I performed in a lot of jazz spots when I was about twenty, and met some folks outside of the singer/songwriter sect, which was really helpful in my education in theory. Having split high school and abandoning all the other dreams that were left out for me to take, performing with my peers really gave me a keen sense of what I could do outside of the norm."]

No comments: