Friday, June 22, 2012

WONGIE POP SONG(s) OF THE WEEK: jessie ware - 110% / wildest moments


jessie ware - 110%
[don't ask me why it's taken me so long to embrace singer/songwriter jessie ware. not that she hasn't been on my blip (her track 'running' remixed by disclosure has been on my ipod shuffle mix for ages), but it took a walk from london's soho back to my friends home with '110%' blasting did it all make sense. the mix of hip hop and future soul filtered through a pop aesthetic is not only very modern, but totally fits perfectly with jessie's smooth caressing vocals. definitely deserves the buzz she's getting and i can't wait to hear her debut album 'devotion' later this year!]

jessie ware - wildest moments
[proving that she can do epic ballads, this has a sprinkle of florence, but still keeps jessie's gentle approach. i like!]

No comments: