Thursday, November 19, 2015

WONGIE POP SONG OF THE WEEK: kelly clarkson - piece by piece


kelly clarkson - piece by piece
easily one of my fave tracks from kelly's album of the same name, it's the lyrics of this number that always gets to me, spinning a positive from what was a pretty bad early relationship in her life. with the track remixed for radio, this is officially her latest single and it's just beautiful.
in her own words, kelly talks about the lyrics of the song:
"I like to think of "Piece By Piece" as the happy ending to "Because Of You." It's not the happiest story in the beginning, but it's a real one that I decided to write after a conversation with my sister. So many of us had to grow up without parents to model a healthy relationship for us, so we often get into dysfunctional relationships because it is what is familiar. We end up settling instead of being with someone who is worthy of our hearts and our time. We all deserve to feel worthy of love. We all deserve to be truly loved. This song is basically my past, present, and future. It's my love letter celebrating and thanking my husband for being a man that knows how to love me and our children without expecting anything in return. Also, this is a promise to my kids that I will never cease to love them, and be present in their lives always."
feel like you know the song by now? check out a very emotional kelly as she tries to perform this song live a few months back. it'll make you tear up for sure!

kelly clarkson - piece by piece (live)

No comments: