Wednesday, April 30, 2008

scarlett johansson - falling down (video premiere)


scarlett johansson - falling down [link 2]
[though ms johansson sounds like dreck, you gotta give it up to a girl who's willing to stick her neck out by doing a full album of tom waits covers, then manages to convince david bowie to contribute to her 1st single! damn yo! the pretty arrangement totally reminds me of 4AD stuff from the late 80's/early 90's. it's just too bad that the video is just a camera following her around as she shoots two fashion spreads. it's all very strange if you ask me (and not in a good way)... btw, if you can't see the video try this link instead.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't disagree with you more, Wongie; Scarlett did a great job on this, sounding like something off the 4AD label back in their heyday, some obvious shoegazer influence coming through. And I say this expecting very little initially, becuase I pretty much hate anything to do with Hollywood. So I thought oh great, here's another Hollywood brat about to butcher the immortal Tom Waits to win some street cred. How wrong I was, OH how wrong I was. I'd definitely give the rest of the album a listen or two based on this one tune; great production, but where's Bowie? Allegedly he's on here somewhere from what I've heard. Or something.

Anonymous said...

i love the ethereal presence in this song....absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful song.